I've Decided, I'm Learning Figma
There are way too many tools to chose from now. You have Sketch, Invision Studio, FramerX, UXPin, Adobe XD, and more. At some point I suppose I can learn a little bit about them all, but for now I’m going to go with Figma.
Each tool has their own pros and cons. Figma seems to have all the necessary features
- Auto layouts so I don’t need to resize every single thing
- Version history which I can’t do without thanks to over 6 years of using GIT
- Cross platform because … browsers. However when Framer goes browser, I am jumping ship
- Google doc-like collaboration when I am feeling social
- Developer hand off seems simple enough, even simpler since I am the developer too (^_^)v
- Free usage tier so I can learn without pressure.I can update to a paid tier once I decide to make it my main design tool.
Showcasing my progress
There is no good way to show my progress as I learn this tool. I can post new aspects of the tool here, but that tells you nothing of where I am in mastering the skill. Therefore I am going to go with the raw power of practice. The more prototypes I put up, the better I will be at making them by default.